Shooting terrorizes concert

Last week one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S History occurred at a Jason Aldean concert in Las Vegas when a gunman opened fire on the crowd from a Mandalay Bay hotel room next to the concert.

A total of 59 innocent people were killed while another 527 were injured. Police found a total of 23 firearms in the hotel room along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. Attached to 12 of these firearms was a bump-fire stock, a device that enables rapid fire shooting. The gunman reportedly fired for around 10 minutes after the initial 911 call was made.

“When I first heard about it I didn’t realize how many people were killed,” junior Ryan Buch said. “When I finally understood what had happened it really made me stop and think.”

According to the LA Times, since the Sandy Hook massacre there have been 15 “mass” shootings in the United States. Throughout the last five years these shootings have sparked debate about gun control reform; this Las Vegas incident is no exception. Georgia Representative, John Lewis called for Democrats and Republicans to exhibit “moral courage” and pass gun control regulation.

“It seems like these shootings happen all the time, and we need to ask ourselves if owning guns is really worth countless of innocent lives lost,” Buch said.