Local ice rinks provide great atmospheres for winter fun

Trey Schmidt

Ice skating is one of the best winter sports to do. It gets you outside and is great exercise for yourself and friends. Ice skating is great sport but planning where to go is the most important.

Starting off with the number one place to go ice skating is Millennium Park in Chicago. The beautiful scenery mixed in the Chicago atmosphere makes Millennium Park the best ice skating place in the Chicago area. Also with the rink right by Millennium park is a fan favorite is the Bean. Family and friends will enjoy this special day in the city.

Next on the list at number two is the Rosemont also called Frozemont ice skating. During the night the park lights set a Christmas and also romantic tone too. After ice skating you could enjoy the Rosemont outlit mall right next to the rink. This makes is a number two with the ability to do multiple things if you don’t want to ice skate.

To finish the top three is Nelsons Sports complex. This is more locally than the other two but this place is full of fun. At nights having cosmic ice skating is a big hit. Also if you are new to skating then this place is the best place to learn how to skate. It’s really close and very affordable for high schoolers and families.

Trey Schmidt, Opinions Editor

Junior Trey Schmidt is an editorial board member and has served on staff since 2016.  He previously served as an opinions editor and sports editor.