Correspondent Live

Food drive helps hungry


Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The following article was originally published on Christine Krampl on Dec. 18, 1986 in Volume 18, Issue 6 of The Correspondent.  It is being republished as a part of the “Golden Years” segment, celebrating 50 volumes of The Correspondent.

This year the annual SOS Thanksgiving food drive helped 1000 hungry people by reaching the club’s set goal of 3000 cans and 1000 dollars.

Of that money, 500 dollars came from students while the rest came from personal donations.

70 percent of the food went to St. Augustines Center for Indian Affairs. Mr. Will Kozlowski said the reason the club helped the Indians was because, “It was our way of saying thank you for our first Thanksgiving.” The other 30 percent went to community families SOS has worked with before.

Kozlowski and eight students took the food to the center. The students were Nora Schaller, head of the drive, Eric Bannon, Clint Cerny, Don Davis, Laura Lewansowski, Mike Psenka, Kevin Rowland, Jim Sommers, and Laurie O’Neal.

SOS has been holding the drive for seventeen years.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




*

The student news site of John Hersey High School
Food drive helps hungry