Feature Friday: Senior Olivia Glowacka explores education overseas

While spending her summer at IE University in Spain, senior Olivia Glowacka was able to explore Madrid and Segovia, in addition to attending classes.

•courtesy of Olivia Glowacka

•courtesy of Olivia Glowacka

Kayleigh Padar

Senior Olivia Glowacka spent a few weeks of her summer at IE University Summer Leadership Program, studying leadership, business, and technology. In between lectures and day trips, the group explored Spain, where the camp is located.

“I learned about how important communication within a group is, that I should just start a business right now if I want to do it eventually, and that the best entrepreneurs have similar qualities,” Glowacka said.

Throughout the program, Glowacka was able to meet other teenagers who were interested in similar career paths from a variety of countries with all different backgrounds.

“I still keep in touch with a bunch of people and a lot of them are planning to go to IE University next year (as I am), so I intend on meeting up with everyone again in the next year,” Glowacka said.

Glowacka didn’t originally expect to attend this program, but when a college representative contacted her about the opportunity, she applied for the full scholarship almost instantly.

“I had four days to apply and make a video about why I wanted to attend so I was like, ‘okay, let me just pull something together and if I win then I’ll go.’ When I learned that I won the scholarship, I was ecstatic,” Glowacka said.

Glowacka plans to apply the skills that she’s learned through this program to her future career, but also to her day to day life and her school work.