The Wrestling Insider #35: House of Horrors match perfect to end Wyatt/Orton saga

Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton are scheduled to end their almost year-long feud this Sunday in the first ever House of Horrors match at WWE Payback.

Courtesy of wwe.com

Courtesy of wwe.com

If you may not have known already, I’m a huge fan of Bray Wyatt. There is just something about him that intrigues me. His aura, the way that he mysteriously delivers cryptic eulogies, and his in-ring style captures my attention. For Bray Wyatt, loss after loss devalued his career before the WWE Draft last summer. However, SmackDown Live proved to be the “House of Wyatt”, as he dominated and won both the SmackDown Live Tag Team Championship and the most coveted prize in all of WWE: the WWE Championship.

Fast forward a couple of months, and now Bray Wyatt has been traded to Raw as part of the “Superstar Shakeup”. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton embarked on a feud going all the way back to August of last year. Wyatt and Orton traded wins against each other, before ultimately Orton joined the deceptive Wyatt Family and won tag team gold. The plot scheme was fully intact right after Orton won the Royal Rumble, however. Orton decided to burn down Bray Wyatt’s compound and set his sights on the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

Orton and Wyatt was a match that millions of fans were looking forward to, but unfortunately it didn’t meet standards due to time constraints and a bunch of weird projections on the ring canvas.

Orton and Wyatt are set to battle once-more, which will be their final encounter, this Sunday at Payback. This time the match will be contested under a “House of Horrors” match. What that entitles, I do not know, but I know that Bray Wyatt will flourish in this match he created. Although Bray Wyatt is entitled a rematch for the WWE Championship, the “Superstar Shakeup” interferes with those plans. Now this match will be contested as a nontitle match.

The fact that it is nontitle should mean that Bray Wyatt gets his revenge on Randy Orton and heads into the Intercontinental Championship picture on Raw, as he attacked current Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, Chris Jericho, and The Miz this past Monday on Raw.

While many fans are skeptical that this match won’t actually involve any mat-wrestling, I’m actually looking forward to it. I’m predicting this match is going to be in comparison to the boiler room brawl match between Undertaker and Mankind. Both competitors have a grudge they want to end with each other, and both need to move on to better things.

Orton is sidetracked by Jinder Mahal, who he will defend his WWE Championship against at BackLash at the end of May, and Bray Wyatt is sidetracked by possible feuds with Dean Ambrose and Finn Balor.

This Sunday should be Bray Wyatt’s chance at redemption against Randy Orton. His compound was burned down and a stake was emphatically drawn into Sister Abigail (Wyatt’s guiding light)’s ashes. No one, not even Orton, knows what the House of Horrors will entitle, but what I do know is that it will be must-see.

Don’t miss WWE Payback this Sunday streaming live on the WWE Network at 8/7c.