The Correspondent Live - The student news site of John Hersey High School

Fall activities spark students interests

Heidi Freitag, In Depth Editor

Fall’s arrival has brought upon many activities for students to enjoy. This fall, students take part in many festivities to help enhance their moods. Along with all the amusement that comes with autumn, students decide to participate in fall activities such as corn mazes, haunted houses, and apple orchards.

As these activities are only available at this time of year, students seem to take advantage of all the fun festivities that occur during the fall seasons. Fall is a popular time for apple picking. Some students make traditions out of apple picking and head to the orchard often. “I apple pick every other year with family and friends. I think apple picking is a cool thing to do during the fall,” junior Madison Burkhalter said.

Fall proves to be a perfect time to get crisp and crunchy apples to enjoy with friends.

Several more activities and traditions can come along with autumn. Haunted houses are visited by many students as Halloween continues to get closer.

The spook and thrill of haunted houses is what drives most students to continuously go back to these houses every year. “I really like haunted houses because they scare me and give me an adrenaline rush,” sophomore Lucy Bornhorst said.

It depends on the students to decide who they would like to share these haunted experiences with. “I usually go to haunted houses every other year with friends,” Bornhorst said.

Haunted houses give students another activity to put on their bucket lists for the current season.

As students team up to decide what they could get involved with during this time in the year, most consider the perfect fall day opposite to getting scared out of their minds. Corn mazes can always be an alternate to the haunted houses.

Spending time with family, friends, or a significant other; corn mazes can be a team building opportunity. “When I go to corn mazes with friends, it is fun but sometimes it can be difficult to find your way out,” Burkhalter said. Corn mazes are always a good reliable source when other plans don’t work out.

Fall festivities are here and students seem to be making an effort to try and attend these activities for their own enjoyment. Fall only comes once a year, so it’s important to make the most out of it.