The Correspondent Live - The student news site of John Hersey High School

Correscopes Issue One

Katherine Wiemold and Heidi Freitag

• Libra September 23 – October 22: This month is the time to deeply focus on your school work, but you should not ignore your home life. In addition, be prepared to obtain inner satisfaction. There will be many opportunities for social gatherings such as football games. Love will naturally come your way this month. When in doubt, stick with your gut, and be yourself. All your success could be in jeopardy if you don’t look out for fake friends. On a Wednesday, pay attention in your English classes, for something unexpected will occur.
  • Scorpio October 23- November 21: Scorpio should be warned to not over-strain themselves. The excessive amount of stress you’re causing yourself will get to you if you let it, but the key is to stay away from stress as much as possible. Allowing yourself to take breaks will not be shown as a sign of weakness. This will be a winning month for you and team, thanks to your determination. Be excited for the new opportunities that this school year has to offer. Continue to have your sense of determination, with this trait you can accomplish anything. On Thursday the 15th,  be optimistic, as it will be a very relaxing day.
  • Sagittarius November 22-December 21: Sagittarius should expect to enjoy the little things in life, such as a friend bringing them Dunkin’ to their first period class, or having a teacher take interest in your perspectives. Now is the time to revaluate things, as you are putting to much energy in activities that should not matter to you. You should lose your big plans and take one step at a time. Take your days slow, as they can be overwhelming. A big test is coming your way, but don’t be afraid, for you have the knowledge to succeed. On a Tuesday this month, you will reach one of your many goals.
  • Capricorn December 22- January 19: Capricorn will begin to see school as their number one priority. Your transition from summer to school will be peaceful. Do not force your decision making, and continue to go with the flow. Be willing to work with other people and become comfortable in your own skin. You will get a group project assigned in one of your harder classes, but it will come easily to you. Comfort will come to you within the school year. On the 13th of September, you should be cautious of your surroundings.
  • Aries March 21- April 19: Aries will rise from their debt, as money will come through many new opportunities this month. Face your insecurities and be confident in your decisions. You will get off-topic often from feeling worn down. Be open minded and try new routines. Try new things besides the pizza and the occasional cookie in the cafeteria. More money will come your way on the 24th.
  • Cancer June 21 -July 22: Cancer should be prepared to fix their previous mistakes and turn over a new leaf. You will become more organized and focus on your health. With school starting, a routine will come naturally to you and create less chaos in your life. Don’t be afraid to try to attain your goals. Be mindful and try not to multi task. Think before you speak, for you may personally offend someone on the 30th of September.
  • Leo July 23- August 22: For Leo, this upcoming school year will be one of your bests. Use your enthusiasm to make this school year enjoyable. Raise your hand in the classes you are struggling in, for it will benefit you. Being too loyal could cause some issues. Your complicated and delicate feelings could lose you a great opportunity. Revaluate your personal goals, such as improving your grades. On the 1st of September, something will happen that is very unusual.
  • Gemini May 21- June 20: Gemini should become a strong supporter for their friends this month, whilst keeping their mouth shut. You will develop strong listening skills instead of jumping to conclusions, especially in your new electives. This month is a fresh start for you and your social skills, take advantage of it. You will start feeling more sensitive as this summer comes to an end, embrace and relax. On September 13th, your love life will a turn for the worst, so lower your exceptions.
  • Taurus April 20- May 210: Spend quality time with your family rather than your friends. This month on a Tuesday, you will receive a sentimental gift. Take more time to relax at home and indulge yourself. Your creative side will come out in your classes, and you will be more open to sharing ideas. Try new genres of literature, for you may find in educational and relatable. Don’t rush into anything, especially your love life.
  • Pisces February 19 -March 20: Be prepared to turn a new leaf this month. Try a new setting for your weekly exercises. Don’t take shortcuts, because it will not lead you to success. Be more chatty with people and develop new friendships, especially within your classes. Make a commitment to improve your grades this year and having efficient time management. On September 27th, you will achieve a long term goal.
  • Aquarius January 20- February 18: The romance in your life is at an all time peak, but be cautious on how that affects your social life. Your classes may start out rocky, but next month it will be smooth sailing. Teachers may seem intimidating, but at the end of the day, they will be beneficial. On a Sunday, you will find a true friend that has been in the shadows all along.
  • *To see Virgo’s ( August 23- September 22) Correscope, pick up a copy of the Correspondent outside room 118!