The Correspondent Live - The student news site of John Hersey High School

The Wrestling Insider #39: Shinsuke Nakamura’s main roster debut full of hype

Shinsuke Nakamura is scheduled to make his main roster in-ring debut against Dolph Ziggler at WWE BackLash in Chicago. Expect a lot of stiff kicks and a

Shinsuke Nakamura is scheduled to make his main roster in-ring debut against Dolph Ziggler at WWE BackLash in Chicago. Expect a lot of stiff kicks and a "Kinshasa", Nakamura's devastating finisher.

Courtesy of wwe.com

Courtesy of wwe.com

The Raw and SmackDown Live episodes after WrestleMania are always full of surprises. Whether it be returns, debuts, or a possible heel turn, they have always capitalized and left fans anticipating more. This year, SmackDown Live witnessed the call-up of NXT veteran Shinsuke Nakamura. Shinsuke Nakamura is arguably the most charismatic superstar in the entire WWE, with an entrance that is jaw dropping.

Nakamura joined the blue brand, and instantly was engaged in a feud with Dolph Ziggler. Dolph Ziggler lost some steam after reaching arguably his career high this past year during his fantastic feud with The Miz over the Intercontinental Championship, but this feud with Shinsuke can help elevate Dolph.

These two are scheduled to do battle on May 21st at BackLash. The fact that commercials for that pay-per-view feature Nakamura and the poster has solely Shinsuke makes me believe that big things are ahead for Nakamura. He’s the total package that SmackDown Live needs after losing Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose to Raw. Nakamura is a specialist in the “strong style” of professional wrestling. His stiff kicks and forearms run through opponents with ease. That and his devastating finishing maneuver, the “Kinshasa”, are what allowed him to become a two-time NXT Champion.

After Shinsuke’s match with Dolph at BackLash, I anticipate him to be a huge favorite to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. The Money in the Bank contract allows a wrestler to “cash it in” for an immediate opportunity at the world championship of their brand. And, with rumors circulating that Nakamura is going to elevate into the main event fast, I have no doubt in my mind that Nakamura can very well win the whole thing.

Dolph Ziggler is the man when it comes to selling maneuvers. The way that he takes an RKO is absolutely out of this world. Dolph is an asset to the company, and his work shows off. The fact that WWE is allowing Dolph to be the first match for Nakamura on the main roster shows that he is reliable and can make Nakamura look good.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Allstate Arena will turn into Nakamura territory on May 21st. His catchy theme music and his personal violinist will have everyone in the building standing on their feet humming along to the tunes. As Nakamura would say, “YeaOh!”